ZCar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I’ve got a 72 240 with the stock L24 for the next project. We do competitions where I live with the important rule being it must be the stock block used. I’m contemplating boring the L24 block out to fit some L28 pistons, and bolting a new head on to fit, maybe a 280 head as well. Just wanted to run this by y’all for input.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't do that... I turbo charged my 76 280z with it's stock engine (NA2T), but in your case it might better to stay NA and just modify the motor you have. If you go turbo you are going to have to convert to fuel injection I would assume. check out Datsun Z Garage- ZCAR Performance Mods for L-Series for all the information on the Z series engines - blocks, heads, intakes, diffs, and transmissions (70-83)
Bon

·
ZCAR.COM Vendor
38 Posts
This has been done many times. The biggest change is going to be fuel delivery as bonfire stated. You can convert to EFI which there are many ways to go about handling, or if you are able to find a draw-through carburetor and turbo set up then you would not need to do a conversion. The most popular draw through set up on these cars was done by Crown, you can also find Holley carbs to use a draw through set up on as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts