ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i drop a P90 head and fabricate injection on an L24?

im in the process of buying a BAE turbo kit and dont want my 10k mile L24 go to watse, so i was thinking fo using the L24 for a wile untill I rebuild an F54 block to use.

the kit comes witht he oil pan witht he turbo feed line so tahst not a problem, and it comes with its own AFM.

so can i do it? EFI and p90 on an L24?
would the 80-83 turbo EFI work witht he L24? any sensors i have to fabricate in?

i can add a slightly thicker gasket to alter compression for turbo.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Your compression should be fine on either block. The only problem with using the L24 is that the valves in the P90 are larger than the bore can take. You would need to have the cylinders notched. Other than that it would work fine really as long as you don't use large amounts of boost. I would think you could make a lot of power if you build it to rev up to 7000rpm. Most of the turbo motors I have seen are usually only built to 5500-6000rpm. With the L24 stock red line of 7000, I don't see any reason why you couldn't take advantage of those extra rpms. You could use the manifolds off of the P90 if you have them, that should make the FI work easily. Hope that helps out a little.
Ross

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
notch cylinder?

how would i go about notching the cylinder? how do i know how mucht o cut? where?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Re: notch cylinder?

The larger intake valves (the intake valve is 80 thousandths of an inch or 2MM in diameter larger than L28) will actually hit or rub on the cylinder wall of the L24 (the cylinder in a L24 is 118 thousandths or 3MM in diameter smaller than L28) when the engine warms up. The later L24 block in the early eighties Maxima came with the notches in them from the factory because their heads came with the larger valves. You might be able to accomplish this by yourself but I would recomend a machine shop. It requires knowing how far your valve protrudes into the cylinder which is determined by the cam you have installed added onto whatever the stock distance is. I do not know that distance. I am sure somebody here (on this forum) knows more about the dimensions of the notch than me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.