ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is better everyone:)? I was thinking about getting the new 5 point Kyb's they just came out with and i'm not sure which one is better i heard some poeple say tokico's are better and some kyb's so anyone have any opinions?
Lets get it on!:)
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
The last time I put KYB shocks on my car it jacked the rear up about one and a half inch, and the guy said that they had to settle, that was a year ago and the rear of my old caar is still sitting too high. So, I don't know what to tell you.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
A friend of mine has 5-way adjustable Tokicos on his Miata (I know its not a Z Car, but...) and they are really impressive. There is a big differance between the settings. They are really nice.
-Ben

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Kyb vs Tokicos</b>

Anthony, I think that you will find that problem with every brand of shock excluding Tokico brand stuff. I was recently to the A1 CARDONE remanufacturing facility in Phila.,PA where they also remanufacture struts(!). they told us that they have pulled THOUSANDS of struts from manufacturers like Gabriel, Monroe, Kyb,etc. and the amount of pressurized gas that they put in is virtually unmeasured. On the other hand, Cardone was not only measuring the amount of pressurized gas that they put in, but also testing each and every strut that went out the door before shipment to make sure it was within factory tolerances for length and shock absorbing characteristics. Now I have seen many people(as I am a manager of a regional parts chain store) purchase struts and cartridges that worked OK, but no off-the-shelf piece will ever work as good as the original factory spec unit(as the originals were set to the spring rate and such).My advice is that you spend the money on the Tokico set of cartridges as they seem to work better, not only for suspension ride height, but also for longevity due to quality control procedures that they take. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Yuichi!! i told you so!!

I have the adjustable tokico shocks and they are absoultly wonderful. I already told yuichi, but he dosent trust me. HAHA, just kiddin'

Just my 02- Evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>TOKICOS!!!TOKICOS!!!</b>

I put the 5-ways on mine last year. Nice adjustability range. From cush to stiff. I prefer number 3 setting for driving and 4 front-5 rear for autocrossing. Whatever you decide to buy go to www.shox.com. My tokicos were about $440 shipped to me. Cheapest I found them.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: TOKICOS!!!TOKICOS!!!

wow great price mark.and you were right on the mark for settings.i to like 3 for street and 4 fr 5 re for autocross.got mine at wholesale,cost,and ran into tikico rep at westcoast
nats and got free hats polo shirt.and stickers cool stuff.
go tokicos yuichi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.