ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my engine light has come on and I put the usual OBD2 reader in and found 2 codes:

PO136 Oxygen sensor circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2)

PO325 Knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction (bank 1 or single sensor)

I am new using the reader and don't know what it is really saying and WHICH sensor is wrong too like if it is the passenger or the or the drivers etc. etc.

Does it mean I have to get a whole new knock sensor and pay all that money or can I do the short cut way with the bolt and put it in the plenum or something. And also where IS THE FREAKIN HARNEES so I can leave the old one there and unhook the harness from it and bring it to the top. No one shows you were the harness is and how far down it is. And for the O2 sensor I guess I gotta get a new one but don't know which one I need to replace though my car takes 3x 02 sensors. Thanks for your help. I just bought the car so I am slowly learning about the z32s.

DenZeL KnighT
96 300zx non turbo

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
First i would check the conector to teh knock sensor and clean it, clear the code and see if it comes up again. If it continues...i'd get a new knock sensor and relocate.

Depending on the mileage of your car the o2 sensors will need to be replaced soon enough anyhow and its not that hard of a job to do.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but do you know which one is wrong first of the oxygen sensor because it has 3 of them and if i can just fix 2 i can save and later on do the 3rd one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.