ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday I got my z back from the shop. I had the trans. rebuilt b/c some things were broken:gears,torque converter, etc. My trans is automatic by the way, well when I left the shop the z was ok , the trans needs a few bugs worked out in my opinion. When I turned off the car I could not take out the key! I kept pressing the button and it would not work, i budged the steering wheel and that didnt help. Well I turned the car on and off a couple of times and it eventually came out. Im thinking the car is not reading the transmisson in park so it wont allow me to take the key out. I used the emergency button to get the key out for the rest of the day.....its a real pain.My question is am I anyway near the solution to my delema ?????? Or is it something else.The only other factor im thinking is that my battery terminal is going haywire b/c the guy at the trans shop said I needing a new one. The battery is actually 3 weeks new as well. Please!! If any of you Z gurus have any idea how I can fix this I would be so appreciative. Thanks for lisening guys :eek:(
-walter 92NA

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the same problem and found that, when I stop and put the car in Park if I take the stick and just move it slightly back and forth until I hear it click then I can remove the key.

I am not sure if you can adjust this or not but it's not a big enough inconveniece to do anything about.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you just got it back from the transmission shop, take it back. If it's anything like most cars, there's a linkage between the tranny shifter & the ignition, anti theft device (can't take the car out of gear without the key) & starter interlock (won't start in gear). It's probably just an adjustment that they should be able to fix in minutes.

Lee
www.raising-cain.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.