ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '81 280zx turbo and i was looking at a K&N cold air intake. i was wondering if any of you out there have problem with these in wet conditions. i live in colorado and this is my daily driver. Is there any chance water could get in since it's right up there in the front? thank you for any info. bama16

G

·
0 Posts
I know what you are talking about. Both the K&Ns I have on my 83T and 77 seem exposed. I friend of mine used pvc pipe as a shield for his filtercone. I can't remember what diameter pipe he used but it was a few inches larger in diameter than the filtercone and was a few inches longer at each end. This in no way restricted air flow but did protect the filtercone from a direct splash. I'm sure you could use any material for this. He used the pvc pipe as it was easy to drill, cut, etc. Hope this helps. Good luck. John.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
try those honeycone grills...

you know those things ricers use lots... I bet that would prtect that filter and your rad from anything that might try to get in there... I've seen them at canadian tire... if your in the states I'm sur eyou could find them at a similar store...

dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.