ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the part number for the standard cone filter that most use. I'm currently running a cheap matrix filter on both my Z's and want to switch over to a k&n but they have so many filters ont their site that finding the right one is a pain. Figured I would just ask you guys what the part number is and go order it. And yes I already checked local parts stores but all they carry are the 2.5 inch opening filters for hondas and the Z requires a 3 inch. Thanks

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks guys. I checked both the filters out and also used their formula on the site to find out what size filter was needed. It seems the RE-0930 is closest to what I have now and also more than enough for the size engine we have. The RE-0930 is 6 inches long with a 6 inch base dimater. The RE-0810 is 9 inches tall and also has a 6 inch dimater. According to their formula for the size engine, the L28, with a 6 inch diamter filter you only need a filter with a height of around 3.4 inches. Of course the bigger can be better as the filter becomes dirty as a bigger filter will last longer but I figure with a 6 inch tall filter it's almost double what the engine calls for so I should be fine. Again thanks guys.

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
I have RE-0810

3" port
9" long
6" widest

RE-0810 Product Specifications
Product Style: Round Tapered Universal Air Filter
Base Outside Diameter: 6 in (152 mm)
Flange Inside Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
Flange Length: 1.75 in (44 mm)
Flange Type: Centered
Height: 9 in (229 mm)
Top Outside Diameter: 4.625 in (117 mm)
Top Style: Rubber
Top Material/Finish: None
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 1.92 oz (57 ml)
Flanges: 1
Weight: 2 lb (0.9 kg)
Product Box Length: 6.25 in (159 mm)
Product Box Width: 6.25 in (159 mm)
Product Box Height: 10.81 in (275 mm)

Post Edited (Oct 14, 10:14am)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.