ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Your not really making your own if you're buying an intake with a filter...

Just buy a 3" 90 degree pipe bend, and look on k&n's website for a filter with a 3" outlet, they only have 3 or so choices. Pick one LxW that fits best. You can get the ones with a filter cone part on the top of the fiter as well though. Forget what its called, but it adds more filter area.

Everything can be bought from summit racing once you get the part number you want from k&n's website.

-BlaZed

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am but I can't find the part numbers, just need a number for a refernce. I'm going to 3" 90 degree pipe, I was looking at the typhoons and how they come with an xtreem filter so I was going to put an xtreem on mine and wanted to know whats the part number on that filter.

·
Registered
620 Posts
my K&N has a 3" port an ID number "b046a6"

its a pod with a 3" inlet and it about 30 cm long by 18cm wide

Good Luck

·
Registered
620 Posts
Your welcome :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that the filter number or the kit number?
I realy need an filter with an filter end (any brand cheepest would work great) number that has a 3 inch opeing for the tub to fit and not be realy tall.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thats the number on the actual pod, i doubt there is an actual kit number for the 280zx, if i were you i would just get a 3" pipe bent up, or even mod your old intake pipe to house it, it shouldnt be to hard.

Good luck

Mat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.