ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this jwt bolt up and all with my intake? When i look at the intake on my car, before the maf sensor, its a square shape, but the filter in the picture doesn't have a square end, only round. does it include the hardware I need? cause they're $90 here so i'm gonna get one. thanks

<http://www.importpartspro.com/jwtpopcharger.html>

Post Edited (Jan 31, 4:05pm)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
airbox can be stubborn, but other than that, its cake.

·
Registered
941 Posts
A word of caution because no one else here ever mentions it:
The ideal situation would be that you completely retuned your car after you put a new intake on. Of course this is not likely to happen.

The reason I say this is because your ECU was tuned to read airflow from the stock air box. when you change the intake you change the flow pattern of air. There is potential for MORE air to enter your intake then with stock but for the MAF to read LESS air then stock. This causes you to run lean. When you run lean your on your way to detonation and loss of compression.

This is an extreme case and There are plenty of people here with POP charges and no problems but I thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how would i retune if i wanted to? how much?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
no retuning, just disconnect the battery for 30min or so then that resets the ECU. This one of the easiest upgrads that you can do yourself.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
just reset the ecu..clockwise...wait 2 seconds...counterclockwise....oh wait forgot not everyone knows.

here ya go: diagnostic instructions..just use the part about turning the "dilly" (tech term).

<http://www.ttzd.com/tech/diagnostictech.html>

battery thing takes too long.

Post Edited (Jan 31, 5:16pm)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so either one will do the same? then id for sure do the battery... LOL

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
As an FYI, it is a good idea to check the codes via the ECU every now and then as well. If you have not done so before go ahead and do via the ECU, check the codes and then clear them so it can relearn after the addition of the POP charger.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
A JWT or Ash ECU would improve performance and take advantage of any mods you add on. Plus, the reliability improvement of having a new CPU is important on an older car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.