ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, just got one! $2500, Ttops, everything single thing inside and outside works, headlight washer, talking lady, everything. interior is in emaculate condition, engine runs strong, 242K miles, new timing belt, water pump, syncros in the tranny....

only problem is, its boosting about 2psi, and you can tell it lags out at like 5000RPM... Eddie Radats (e radatz motorsports) told me he thinks the turbos going bad ( it was his car, bought it from him)

im from the 70-83 forum, and i know to search, but what are some common problems with these babies, and what do you think my problem is? if i unplug the O2 sensor, it seems to run better which is wierd...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Unplugging the O2 sensor would just cause the computer to tell the engine to run rich, so if you were running lean then this would help if not then I dont see why it would run any better.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
**** you Bubbles!!! Congrats on the new Z. Are you still going to be finishing your build up on the 280z or are you going to put the money to the 300zx turbo. Personaly I would hold off on the 280z and leave it the way it is being that the 300zx turbo has much much more potential. Now you are like me, a 280z and Z31. What two better Z's are out there?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im still going to work on the 280..

and bad news...i think the "new" pep boys water pump just blew :-(

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
lol bubble i was always an L6 guy and a couple months i picked up an 86t as well and during the dat here where its 90 -100 degrees the car feels like it has a whole 2 horsepower but when ig et it out at night 60 degree air it pulls - although i pop the hood and go wtf this is way stupid to work on i want my l6 hopefully you take mre likeing to the vg then i have
great car and once you get the boost up you should have some fun with it just dont kill yourself

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great news! just fixed the water pump, changed all belts, timing belts and tensior..

man i want my L6 running...heheh...

how the **** do you guys work on these cars? i didnt take me long, but man!

im doing a full tune up right now...changing oil, filter, plugs, wires...

took me 5 mintues to find the oil filter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.