ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I mostly post in the 70-83 tech as I have a 76 280z with turbo swap. I dececided to look around for a 300zx as a daily and I finally found one I like. I picked up an 88 NA for $1400. 131k, 5 spd, t-tops, mint interior, all options work, its pretty much a excellent condition car. I got a great deal and I love this thing! Im gettin 27 mpg, and i have AC!!!! Its so comfy to, i think im comin over to the dark world of z31s! I might have to turbo this baby.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/300zx_005.jpg[img]

Post Edited (Sep 12, 7:38am)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks nice...
Welcome.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh thanks man, i didnt think those wheels were stock, anyways i am really likin it, MattDaKav where did u get those covers for your lights? They look nice, nice Z btw

Post Edited (Sep 12, 10:12am)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks...

<http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=HC>

They were a real pain in the arse. The rubber trim that goes around the covers was way too big to fit, the brackets were totally the wrong angle & I had to re-cut the top edge of the lenses.

Looks like a 10 minute job... took me a whole afternoon.

Maybe they accidentally sent me the pre-facelift brackets & trim...
who knows?!?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it really is in great shape, there is a very tine rust bubble inside where the ttops attach but nothing i cant sand down and touch up with a little paint.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Start looking for garage space immediately. I was given an 86 na to restore and the frame was bent, so I decided to use it for a parts car. I then found an 84 which I fixed up some and gave to my grandson for a graduation present. While I was working on the 84, I ran across an 88 T that didn't run and fixed that up. I had a minor wreck with it taking out a headlight, creasing the hood, and cracking the rubber bumper. Looking for a parts car with a good hood, headlight, and bumper, I managed to buy two 87's that were in too good shape to part out, and an 85 I couldn't resist. Now I have to build a storage building so I can keep them all out of the weather while I bring them up to snuff. Oh well. I needed a hobby.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Notdeadyet......with a fleet like that, you could hang a sign out front that says "Hertz" or "Alamo. LOL

Special Ops Lives!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea jason seems to be a cool guy, i talked to him some on AIM, oh and he is makin 480 rwhp on his stock bottom end vg30.......hmmmmm turbo in the works for me maybe

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yeah 480 with NAWWWZZ!!!

but I still love the guy. He's cracking the z31 ecu and reprogramming it to fit larger injectors and MAF's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No Hertz or Avis sign, but I popped for a "NO PARKING unless you drive a 300ZX" sign to post on the building when it's built.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
ah He's probably there now. He was running that kinda power with stock injectors pumped up to the moon (like 80psi fuel pressure) But now he's got some 480cc's and an upgraded ECU, so who knows where he's at with that plus the N20?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.