ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in the cam that was reccomended to me on here. The cam is a schneider 230/240 cam. Comes on real hard from 4000-6500....its a blast! I also had the head shaved .015", had a fresh valvejob, and some cleanup porting. The engine had triple webers and a header when I got it, but ****, that cam really woke the **** thing up! Thanks to all those in here who helped me with this little project...It's been a pain in the ass but it was worth it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Just Got my 73 runnin again with the new cam..

how do, im semi restoring & croppin top off my 280 i have been wanting to do a cam but not sure yet. spending mucho $'s already.where did you find your cam & did you replace rockers & if you did which ones? stock rockers are what i hear that work best without becoming flat. thanks, kent

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts

should have went with the 460 lift 270/2809 duration cam, you would have gotten great pulling power from 3000 to 6000 rpms. thats what i have and its fantastic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The cam I had in before came on at 3000 and pulled to 6000. It wasn't well-suited with the triple weber setup. The new 230/240 gives up very little at 3000 for alot more from 4000 to 7000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.