ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at 240Z #91. Price: $375.00 or offer. Too bad the thing is rusted beyond repair. Also shows signs of previous collision repair. For anyone interested it is located in Madera, CA. The phone # of the owner is (559) 673-4909. It is totally complete. The wiring harness is trashed and like I said, the unibody is very badly rusted. The frame rails and floorboards have been replaced, and whoever did it wasn't that good at it. Also, the rocker panels are all rusted out. As well as the battery area, front shock towers, and lower frame rails near the firewall. All of the usual rust places are rusted out. Collision areas are the front right corner and left rear quarter panel. I could see areas of wrinkled metal and welding. Boy am I disappointed. It would have been nice to have a Z this old. Production date is 10/69. HMMMMM... If I acid dipped it and spent about a year rebuilding the unibody, it just might be OK...

nah

Ian

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I just looked at 240Z #91. Price: $375.00 or
> offer. Too bad the thing is rusted beyond
> repair. Also shows signs of previous
> collision repair. For anyone interested it
> is located in Madera, CA. The phone # of the
> owner is (559) 673-4909. It is totally
> complete. The wiring harness is trashed and
> like I said, the unibody is very badly
> rusted. The frame rails and floorboards have
> been replaced, and whoever did it wasn't
> that good at it. Also, the rocker panels are
> all rusted out. As well as the battery area,
> front shock towers, and lower frame rails
> near the firewall. All of the usual rust
> places are rusted out. Collision areas are
> the front right corner and left rear quarter
> panel. I could see areas of wrinkled metal
> and welding. Boy am I disappointed. It would
> have been nice to have a Z this old.
> Production date is 10/69. HMMMMM... If I
> acid dipped it and spent about a year
> rebuilding the unibody, it just might be
> OK...

> nah

> Ian
$350 or best offer doesn't sound bad to me. Especially a low production number like that. I've been trying to find a project car for like the past month, and some of the deals I've seen lately make the one you found like a steal. For example, visit my web site and take a look at the top two photo's. These cars, one's a 72, the other are a 73.
Neither one run, both need a motor, and the guy only has the title for one. He wants $950 for both
and is not willing to negoiate. I've also had alot of e-mail offer's for nothing special
75 or 73's where the car is incomplete, they don't have a title, needs substansial drivetrain work, and people want like $2000 for them. Here's my webpage:
<A HREF=http://pws1.prserv.net/usinet.brer1/zcar.htm>http://pws1.prserv.net/usinet.brer1/zcar.htm</A>

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are those restorable? I don't see it!

Wow! I just looked at what this web page considers restorable cars. In Washington State (where very little road salt is used) we would consider those for the shredder! I have seen many Z cars in the wrecking yard being picked apart that have much less rust.

I feel for the east Coast Z car fans that have to deal with that kind of rust. My advice, find a good Washington, California, or Texas Z car and start with a sound body.

I hate rust.

Good luck with the restorations!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: Are those restorable? I don't see it!

> Wow! I just looked at what this web page
> considers restorable cars. In Washington
> State (where very little road salt is used)
> we would consider those for the shredder! I
> have seen many Z cars in the wrecking yard
> being picked apart that have much less rust.

> I feel for the east Coast Z car fans that
> have to deal with that kind of rust. My
> advice, find a good Washington, California,
> or Texas Z car and start with a sound body.

> I hate rust.

> Good luck with the restorations!
I use those pics to give people the idea as to what I'm looking for. I prefer bodywork
to mechanical and after doing about 8 Z's, some worse than the one's pictured,
I've gotten pretty good at. But, I'm not going to shell out a $1k for a couple clunkers
like those. Glad to hear somebody else feels those car are worth close to nothing.
The guy has had those pics up on netcenter for month's. If you ask me that whole
Enjoy the Ride ad promo really did the true Z fans some damage. What did it do?
It make's losers think their scale weight car is worth a $1000 dollars.
I really like Z's and have driven nothing but for over 12 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.