ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She sounds mean. really really mean. I guess i have to change my name to "another turbo 240" now. Ill have pictures soon. heres the setup if anyone cares.

as of right now:

turbo L-28
k-n cold air intake. straight pipe to a muffler. 3"
only running alternator off pulley
elect. fan
t-5 tranny
r200 3.54 gears
rear discs

in another month

push the boost up get intercooled.
and possibly som Nitrouz

I will keep you posted......NB

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
NB,
Glad to hear you got her runnin, I read your post earlier but didn't know how to help. What turned out to be your problem?

Josh

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know what im too embarrased to even say....it is one of the dumbest mistakes anyone can make....i had the fuel feed and return line backwards. ...feel so stupid...and i have been trouble shooting it all week.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
LOL, I know how that is. To make a long story short I was trouble shooting everything including the AFM, cause I couldn't keep my car going unless I stood on the throttle, even then it was horible, this was after I had finished some other vacuum related problems. I was about to give up and kick my car when I looked down and saw some stupid line disconnected from the intake piping. Hooked it back up and voooom. I could have kissed someone, but it was 1am and nobody was awake.

Glad to hear you are up and runnin again, enjoy the new boosted ride.

Josh

·
Registered
613 Posts
Awesome News

Thats great to hear, i would nto mind doing a turbo application to a 240z myself sometime, but that will be when i'm older and have more money. Now As for mistakes, oh man i swear i can name a 100 right off the top of my head so easily. But honestly (as is josh's case) teh feeling after waiting that week is the best feeling ever period.

-Emir

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: Ahhh like they say....

Sh*t happens!!!
least you found it!
Glad to hear it working good so far!!keep it up...

Z ya later
Mike K

·
Registered
183 Posts
great, another 240Z faster than mine

70-83 Tech Discussion Forum Posting Guidelines  |  New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Flat View  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message Awesome NewsAuthor: Stingray280zx (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date:   Nov 17, 9:32pm

Thats great to hear, i would nto mind doing a turbo application to a 240z myself sometime, but that will be when i'm older and have more money. Now As for mistakes, oh man i swear i can name a 100 right off the top of my head so easily. But honestly (as is josh's case) teh feeling after waiting that week is the best feeling ever period.

Hey Stingray280ZX----teh? I believe the correct spelling would be t-h-e, "the" and that would put you at one hundred and one mistakes...hehe, just kidding my friend, I couldn't resist. If you counted up all the mistakes I made in a single day, I'd bet the total would be in triple digits. Heck, you only get better at this thing called life through mistakes. Seems to me, the only real mistakes are the ones we never notice, or repeat.
Sometimes, when you finally trouble shoot a mistake you've been frustrated over, and it's something really basic, after you wipe the mile wide grin off your oil blackened face, try taking a step back for a moment, and think, "I'm fabricating a turbo 240Z on my own, from junk yard parts, without a manual, or a turbo 240Z for dummies book!" ****, the average guy on the street can't even change the oil in his own car, let alone locate the dipstick!
Nitrouz boy, "your the Mna!"

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks z racer....you crack me up man....

or is it "mna"? lol sorry I couldnt resist....thanks alot really its a big compliment from a fellow z'er.....keep checkin my new mods...I should be putin some really cool things up soon...NB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.