ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the supercharger research ( and buying an eaton ), I've gone and brought myself a turbo engine! Got it really cheap with some other spare bits... couldn't resist!

I'm new to turbos so I'm just looking for any advise that might help in the rebuild of the engine and choise of turbo...
I'm thinking complete rebuild,
Nice big turbo,
Megasquirt,
Skyline injectors,
etc,

I want 400rwhp to make it worth all the work.

Any comments welcome,

Cheers,

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, does sound good & would be alot easier to install but as I'm in the UK my engine is JDM spec so I'm not sure if it would run right.
Also, I wanna run skyline R32 GTR injectors (444cc) and Megasquirt would allow me to do that.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, not NOS. Its a stand alone fuel control system. It allows you to run whatever fuel set-up you want and edit the mapping for you own car as often as you want... The more expensive model also allows timing adjustment.
Its a bit scary at first but once you read the website it becomes clear.
It's a lot cheaper than any our stand alone as you put it together and do the mapping yourself.

Check it out...

http://www.megasquirt.info/

Post Edited (May 26, 2:17pm)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True, maybe I should have said 'bigger'. What turbo would you go for if you wanted that kind of RWHP?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I'll be doing the rounds of all the sites at the weekend. I want to really know my sh!t before I go out and buy a turbo.

I've gotta drive all the way from London to South Wales to pick the lump up yet.

Oh well, keeps me busy.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Probably need a T-3/T-4 hybrid. You can get a hyrbid capable of making 500 flywheel horsepower. Thats what im running and spools almost as fast as a factory one.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice, sounds like a good option.

Thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.