ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 86na, but it seems to have a vacum leak. I replaced the almost all of the hoses, but it still seems to have a vacum leak. Looking at my 85 na and then at the 86 I noticed that in the front corner by the headlight on the driver side there is this mess of hoses that my 85 doesen't have. What is this stuff that Nissan added to the 86. My guess is that it is for emissions, but I could be wrong. Haynes Manual doesn't really say anthing about it either. I am thinking that I could just hook up the vacum lines on the 86 just like the 85. Could someone please enlighten me, and does anyone have a good vacum diagram for this car?

·
Registered
782 Posts
You probably also have the digital dash so there will be a boost sensor and stuff in the corner also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is AIV? I do have digital dash and the boost sensor is located there, but the boost sensor is also located on my 85 its just below the coil. I just want to know what the thing is that has hoses going to the intake piping. On earlier turbo models they had an injector cooling fan there and I know that this is not one of those fans.

·
Registered
161 Posts
what is the boost sensor for on the 86 i never figured that one out yet theres no turbo so why the **** is it there????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.