ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded up from my 87 non-turbo to an 87 turbo. The car has 133k miles, and is in great condition. I drove 200miles to buy the car, paid $700, then 50 miles on the way back it broke down, needed an alternator. Anyways, I plan on giving it a complete "tune-up", and I was wondering if there are MSD coils and distributors out there for it, and if AutoZone would have them? I havn't owned a turbo before, and was wondering wht is the best oil for it? I plan on having it up to 500hp daily driven. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
um....possibly the most ignorant thing ever said....

There are plenty of people (even z31's) that have 500whp with a single turbo....

Are you trying to say two turbo's are better than one? Been watching a little 2fast 2furious lately?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
haha I had something similar happen to me. a month or two after I bought the SS my alternator went out as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeh, can't one turbo be better then two turbos?

Post Edited (May 30, 1:12pm)

·
Registered
181 Posts
2 turbos spool faster than one that is about the only advantage and one large turbo could flow more air than two smaller ones.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How about two T88s lmao

just joking. Holy turbo lag!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
A single 60-1 with proper exhaust sizing will make 550 to the crank, turbo is not the problem. You need to address cam, intake manifold, proper head porting and big time EFI more so than a simple tubo build. I would use a T70 anyhow to make the "daily" 500hp. As for distributor 1sikZ, you wouldn't find a upgrade for our cars. I would suggest a MSD Blaster coil for a simple upgrade on your original, or if you would like to jump right into the big boy stuff, you can run a standalone EFI system that will eliminate the use of your distributor for spark distribution and run 6 individual coils for max igntion performance out of that monster. Here is a link to what I am talking about. Good luck with your project.

AC

http://www.zcar.com/classifieds/ind...ry&fromfrommethod=showhtmllist&fromfromid=34&

·
Registered
861 Posts
500HP is attainable...

Don't sweat the antagonists, just start doing your homework, saving your money, and it will come in time.

This comes from one of the Z31's on here with over 400... Good luck bro and stick with it, and congrats on the 'new' Z31!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I've found a site with a bunch of stuff for Z31's, www.thespecshop.com. The car was a VERY faded red, but a buff quickly fixed that, now I just have to swipe the fender from my n/a, and get tires for it, then it should be on the road this weekend. This project is going to take about 2 years, but I will keep all posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.