ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was just at a few of my olcal junk yards checkin out the new Z's they had and I ran across a few odd ones.
1st was a 82 280ZX turbo 2+2, nothing out of the ordinary, but it has the P90A head on it, I thought that this hydraulic lifter head was offered in 83 only? now they only want $200 for this motor, with the whole computer and wiring, with everything minus the PS pump, Alternator and No turbo, boo hoo! I am thinking that $200 would be a good price for the head alone, and I get a Turbo AFM and injectors, Oil pump and what not with it for free! any thoughts?

2nd is an 82 coupe with a square D emblem on the hood (never seen this one, only circular Z emblems) and it is painted 2 tone silver and black. Nothing odd right out, but I was looin at the engine, and it has a P90 head on it, and its a naturally aspirated motor! whats the deal with that? The valve cover is different that any other I have seen as well, looks kind of like a TURBO one without that TURBO part on it, defiinately a stretch from my 83 NA ZX. Can anyone offer any insight other than that this car once blews a headgasket and they put a Turbo head on it? It doesn't look like its been touched tho....

Thanks in advance

McAdam

·
Registered
613 Posts
Re: Junkyard oddities, interesting indeed (kinda l

I would get that valve cover, if it is an oddity chances are some Z nut like most of us will want it, and if not it would make a rare mod for the underhood eh?

Emir

·
Registered
7,399 Posts

Chances are the 2nd Z might have been moddified to be more powerful, considering the p90 head(they flow great) and valve cover(I've heard of people griding off the TURBO). Does the motor run? if it does its probably not diveable anyway so that wont really do ya any good, but if it runs really good grab it :). If not maybe you could pull the head and see what the deal is with the motor (if you know anything about the insides these motors).

As for the turbo car its probably just a junkyard replacement motor from years back.

Justin T

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

As you know from reading the posts here...lotsa folks modify their Zs...so any junkyard jewel may have been (and probably was) modified a bit...the chance of any one of them being a "very rare" model is slim... :eek:)

·
Registered
571 Posts

I found a 280 zx with the inside somehow fitted with almost all 300 parts.
At fists I was like ..."HUH"! As I looked a second time I found the signs of trimmed plastic and as I looked further it looked like trash but this person made many things fit.

Very Strange

Madeline
Hollywood, FL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.