ZCar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Harris (A.K.A. "H4 Lights, Y0RGO, Q.S.T., Quincy S. Tuso...) Has Passed Away

JForgive my belated posting.
It is with great sorrow that I pass on word on the death of John B. Harris, known on these forums in many names and many guises, not the least of which was H4Lights, and the ubiquitous Y0RGO Red Traktor Driving Babe Magnet from Siberia.

John was inspired to conjure Y0RGO in response to counter the lunacy of those who took themselves far to seriously, and one day driving down Artesia off the end of the 91 Freeway saw "YORGO BURGER" on the corner and the "Eureka Moment" occured, Y0RGO the Red Traktor Driving Babe-Magnet from Siberia was born!

John as a close personal friend for well over 20 years since my moving to SoCal, and was a longtime Z Owner, having various other Datsuns throughout his life as well. He remained a Z-Owner to the end, retaining his father's 1970 Z Car, VIN HLS30-004000! John was a world traveller, which helped in his many guises here, especially as Y0RGO. A Loadmaster with Air America flying out of Taiwan in the late 60's and early 70's John got to visit the garden spots of Southeast Asia in "Overloaded, Australian-Piloted things with no flight recorders and no parachute!" This experience led him to complete his higher education and eventually land a job with the Ford Motor Company. During his time at Ford of Europe he met such personalities as Sir Jacky Stewart, and various Ford works rally drivers and managers. He continued a career with Isuzu, Hyundai, Volvo and Mercedes Benz to name a few. Through all these he kept Datsuns, and in his overseas travels often bought non-US Market Accessories for his cars back home. A Southern California native his classmates had household names in the performance industry: Edlebrock, Iskendarian, etc.

He passed at home undexpectedly, while battling cancer from an unrelated malady that "snuck up and grabbed him" as related by his wife of over 30 years, Jackie. As was the case with his father, John requested no services or any special memorials be held. As Jackie said, "he inhabits the dresser top until such time as we figure out what to do with him."

'E's no longer pinin'. 'E's passed on. This bird is no more. He has ceased to be. 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker. 'E's a stiff. Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace. If 'e wasn't in that jug 'e'd be pushing up the daisies. 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory. 'E's off the twig. 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible. THIS IS AN EX-RED TRAKTOR DRIVING BABE MAGNET FROM SIBERIA!! Until the Stilton Debt is Cheddar, Godspeed old friend.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Rest in Peace, old friend of the Z community.

I always enjoyed his posts here. They were amusing and full of comedy. I haven't seen much from Yorgo on here for a good while. I assume now that he was battling what ever was ailing him. This is sad news. Be at peace and rest well. Many blessings to his family and friends during their time of grief.

All the best,

Bonny

·
Registered
763 Posts
RIP Yorgo. May you ride through the pearly gates on your red Siberian traktor with many babes on board, yes?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Rip

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yet another big loss for the early Z community.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
R.I.P our funny Z friend, my condolences to family and friends. :cry

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Wow. haven't been on here in a while.
This really saddens me, as I always enjoyed the banter with YORGO.
Had no idea he was all those other people too.

RIP my friend. You're plowing those fertile fields in the sky with that big red traktor. :wink

1 - 16 of 16 Posts