ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to check the fuel pressure regulator.when i turn the key on i can hear the fuel pump runing non stop.does that mean the regulator is bad..if the regulator is bad where can i get one and do you know how much one is.thanks
hey what can i say i got the car for free.now i know why.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
here is my 2c, someone else help this poor guy out

i am here. i am not a mechanic, there, pal, but will sure try to help you. The fuel pump is supposed to run from the moment you turn the key to the on posiiton. that is correct. one earlier cars the fuel pump was connected to a switch in the tps, but this was abandoned for my car (78), maybe sooner. that is why the AFM has 2 unused pins. as for the regulator, it is not cheap. i would gues $60. go to Nissan. I actually could not get one in Canada, but i got one from the us. that was 1 yeasr ago.

the regulator may not be the problem. i hate to see you spend and maybe waste money. ia hev wasted plenty. take it to someone you trust. i am just not sure if the regulator is supposed to be noisy or not. good luck.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
slight correction

one earlier cars the fuel pump was connected to a switch in the AFM, hence the unused pins in the AFM. makes more sense now, huh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.