> the crank angle sensor on the 81 280zx
> turbo. It is located on the drivers side
> down toward the crank pulley, and are a pain
> to pull, and find a good one. We do have
> only one at this time, but you could also
> convert to the 82/3 style with crank angle
> sensor in the distributor. We could give you
> info on changeover if you want to call. Joe

Joe, what the cost be on one of those distributors???? And what would the cost be in the change over? I imagine that it is just converting the wires, Howerer they both look like 4 wires so that would have to simple. Would it require the shaft from the 81 inserted into the 82-83???? Just questions.

·
Registered
85 Posts
> You have to change the shaft that goes from
> oil pump to distributor. Wiring
> is the same. We don't bother to pull the 81
> CAS, just leave it in.
> Cost usually runs $125-150, depending on
> location
> Joe at ALL Z EAST 1-800-533-5659 m-f
> 8:30-5:30 PST

Joe, thanks for the info. That will have to be a latter modification and an easy one at that. I have a question for you again. Do you know about the detonation sensor on the 81 turbo. I know that it is supposed to help retard the ignition along with the ECU when detonation begins to help with the meltdown issue. What my question is how can I test it to see if it is functioning properly. I am at wits end. My timing is about 25-30 degrees retarded and that is on top of the 20 degrees BTDC setting it is supposed to be at. Is this a possible reaction if the detonation sensor is bad? I do not know the paremeter of its functions, how far is it supposed to retard? Or is this a problem with the timing chain stretched or jumped? I would think that at this point I would be damaging valves and pistons because they would be running into each other. At 50 degrees BTDC is too extreme for me and is robbing me of a lot of HP. Please HELP?????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.