ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my header coated locally by Performance Coatings, Auburn, WA.
They call it cermachrome, which i understood to be a ceramic with metal flake which polishes up like chrome.
Does anyone know what JetHot is or whats the diff.

here is perf. coating's website:http://www.performancecoatings.com/

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: JetHot vs. Cermachrome</b>

Rawb,

I just talked to the guy's at Jet-Hot (800) 432-3379. I talked to a guy named Todd on ext. 112

His cut on the situation is this... They are both similar types off coating. The application of the coating is the key. He explained the things about the oven baking being the hardest part of the process because you need a large oven that will provide 650 degrees F. Most places don't have this large an oven.

Here's the skinny on their prices....

They want the part to be coated to be new. Todd listed having a Hooker 6 - 1 header, and to have it coated... cost would be $410 plus the shipping. Takes 2 - 2-1/2 weeks for timing.

If you purchase your own header, send it to them, their coating cost is $175 and turn around time is about 1-1/2 weeks.

If you want more details on the difference, give them a call. They can explain it better then I can....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
They will do used headers. They just wont give the lifetime warranty on used. My header cost $175 plus $15 shipping. Took two weeks for it to return.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mark,

When I was out at the fat fender show a few weeks ago. I was talking to a guy with a 59 vette. He had a Jet Hot sticker on the inside of his hood. So we talked... he sent his exhaust manifolds in to be coated. He was melting his plug wires and tried wraps and another coating... none worked like Jet Hot...

This guy sold me...

Did you bring the name Jet Hot to this forum within the last few weeks... maybe the last month or so??? Someone mentioned it, and I'm sure glad they did.

How are your headers working out?

Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.