ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where did you find a new TWM Induction TB for $110?? please tell me . mine cost $300. are there different sizes??

·
Registered
235 Posts
> where did you find a new TWM Induction TB
> for $110?? please tell me . mine cost $300.
> are there different sizes??
Actually, I was talking about the K&N ram air set-up that was on sale from Motorsport Auto. That sale ended January 15th. I also misquoted the price from their sale flyer, it was $125 and not $110. Their big throat TB was on sale for $220. Regular price for it is $235. Sorry for the confusion. Also, I would like to hear from people who have put either one of these items on their stock 280. I say stock because mine is stock right now, and I would like to know how these modifications would affect my car without the bias of an already modified engine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
> Actually, I was talking about the K&N ram
> air set-up that was on sale from Motorsport
> Auto. That sale ended January 15th. I also
> misquoted the price from their sale flyer,
> it was $125 and not $110. Their big throat
> TB was on sale for $220. Regular price for
> it is $235. Sorry for the confusion. Also, I
> would like to hear from people who have put
> either one of these items on their stock
> 280. I say stock because mine is stock right
> now, and I would like to know how these
> modifications would affect my car without
> the bias of an already modified engine.
James.
I installed both the Motorsport K&N cold air and Throttle body on my 83 ZX (n/a). The cold air setup is pretty straight forward, although for the price they charge, I think they could furnish a chrome plated tube. There are several several other options using PVC pipe that have been discussed here. I think Steve Garber has a link to some pictures that show how to do it. The TB installation was easy. You will need some adaptors for the vacumm lines (from Pep Boys or similar) since the connections on the new TB are a little different. I also had to get a new throttle body boot from Nissan which cost about $60. The old rubber would not stretch to fit the new TB. For maximum performance increase you should open up the intake manifold to match the TB, but to do this you should take the intake manifold off so you don't get metal filings inside. I noticed better performance,but I do not have any quantitative numbers (no dyno test etc). The performance got a lot better when I changed the exhaust system. sorry for the long post
Gil

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I think Steve Garber has a link to
> some pictures that show how to do it.

It's REALLY EASY build this!

<A HREF=http://www.newtier.com/graber/z-car/Air-Intake-Project/index.html>http://www.newtier.com/graber/z-car/Air-Intake-Project/index.html</A>

Steve G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.