ZCar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have info ,pics or video of this car.

Jamaican BRE 510
BRE L18, built by Peter Brock. This was the BRE 510 owned by Douglas Sinclair.

Here is the car, in the state it was "discovered" in at Sinclair's before Sinclair's was closed for good:

"discovered" is quoted, because many Jamaicans knew exactly where the car was. There were only 3 BRE 510's built, all have survived.
http://BRE L18, built by Peter Brock. This was in the BRE 510 owned by Douglas Sinclair.

Here is the car, in the state it was "discovered" in at Sinclair's before Sinclair's was closed for good:

"discovered" is quoted, because many Jamaicans knew exactly where the car was. There were only 3 BRE 510's built, all have survived.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sinclair Datsun BRE 510 #26

The above mentioned car is owned by me and a partner. My partner bought the car out of Jamaica in 2001 and stored it until forming our partnership in 2013 to restore and vintage race BRE #26. There were 5 cars built in 1971 of which 3 survive. Nissan Museum owns the #46 John Morton Trans- Am championship car, Adam Corolla has the #35/85 car and we have the only and last unrestored car.
Right now the body is stripped down to bare metal and we are making repairs. It is in remarkable original condition never having been crashed as far as we can tell.
It would be great to acquire any history or vintage race pictures of the car in action.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recent BRE #26 Pix.
FYI the dent on the left rear quarter panel was the result of contact with the Toyota Corolla driven by Chris Shim, during a race meet at Dover Raceway in Jamaica.

I also have a few pictures of this 510 racing at Vernamfield, Jamaica in the 1970's if you're interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we are receiving the car this week to perform a full restoration here at Carolla Racing.
I will oversee the project and would like to receive photos of the car in original paint scheme and trim if you have any?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts