Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want some!

I've looked all over and thus far it seems that the cheapest would be $360 on Ebay, anyone know where I can find some for cheaper? Maybe? Possibly? Hopefully? Thanks

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
$360 on ebay is actually for the outside pieces, not for the center with the red 300zx logo.

But yes, as Zazu said, Ultimate Z has all 3 peices for $390 (very likely the best price out there). That's where I bought mine, and fast shipping!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome

sj300zx: how hard was the installation? or was it just a plug 'n play kinda deal?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet, I CAN DO THAT!

Thanks mickiemagic

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Actually, it's not JUST unbolting it, but it isn't too hard.

You have to take a hairdryer or a heatgun to the top/side edges where the light seals to the panel. There is a black sticky sealant there (butyl) that you have to heat up, in order for it to become soft and allow for the light to come out.

So, unbolt the backside of the light (I think there are 4 bolts), heat up the sealant, and carefully pull the lights out. They give you new butyl to put on the body for sealing, just bolt it up, and then heat it while pushing in to seal. It's not hard, just be careful and don't pry on the lights or anything that could crack them.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, I have a heat gun and I know how to use it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
You'll have to replace the wiring harness that is in the J-spec's with the ones in your current tail's... No biggie, but just so you know.. it's not just the bulbs you have to swap...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i've been reading up finding lil tidbits on the net and tt.net, so I have a pretty good idea. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
J-specs are Zaweet!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do i get in touch with this coz fellow? I've seen his name mentioned numerous times in the time I've been here, bu still not sure who he is......

Thanks

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmmmm, but that doesn't have the mad tyte jdm stripes or the chrome housing, but yea, wayyyy cheaper. Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.