Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put my J-spec clear corners on and take a look at this:

The main bulb for the J-spec light is single filament while the US one is dual filament. One filament of the US one serves as a running light when the lights are on and the other blinks when the turn signal is applied.

Also, the plugs themselves (the ones that accept the male plug from the car) are different and the USDM corner has a small bulb that serves as a running light in the orange section of the signal.

I have a pigtail (male plug and some wire) that came with the J-spec one. Should I cut my US plug off the car and replace it with the J-spec one? Should I swap plugs to make the J-spec light to dual filament and delete the small bulb? At least then I would have a running light (pretty sure you gotta have them to pass inspection).

WHAT DO I DO?!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had the same problem i just modified my j-spec set with the a-spec plug and tucked the little light up into the fender/bumper area. hope this will help, mine passed safety last summer with that.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The larger of the two plugs (the two fillament orange bulb) will plug right into the corner lamp. I sealed the other plug in a piece of a sandwich baggie with some electrical tape. Whe the lights are on the bulb will glow orange and when you use your turn signal it will flash a brighter orange.

BTW -- My clear corners are C-Spec, I think. I bought them on eBay from a guy in Canada. They have the two bulb setup and I did have to splice in the smaller bulb into my harness from the clear corners for them to work.

Post Edited (Jan 14, 3:18pm)

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up putting the A-spec harness on the J-spec lights and cutting off the small bulb and capping the wires. Worked great, except there's so much oxidation on the contacts on the bottom of the socket that it won't burn (driver's side). I'm workin on it.

Also fully cleared them :)

Post Edited (Jan 14, 4:27pm)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.