ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing the classified on TT.net when I saw something that confused me. Z1s PE 850cc injectors claiming to be able to handle 850rwhp. Now I have to ask how is that possible? 850rwhp = 986BHP (rufly) when plugged into a proven mathmatical formula to get 850rwhp youd need 1027cc injectors. Now how can 850cc injectors run 850rwhp? Not bashing here just bringing up something I saw and maybe there is an explanation and something im unaware of.

"850cc sidefeed injector upgrade for the Z32. This injector can handle up to ~850RWHP capabilities and comes as a complete kit ready to install."

Keep in mind 850bhp id agree with just not the RWHP.

Post Edited (Jan 17, 6:09pm)

·
Registered
555 Posts
What mathematical formula are you using to get 1027cc injectors. I'd also think it'd be different for every vehicle as the Z has 6, while a v8 would have 8, or a 4cylinder would have 4.

And it's a rough guess I'd say plus/minus 25rwhp.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Injector size = (BSFC x BHP) / (number of injectors x .80)
BSFC is Brake specific fuel consumption or simply the number 5. BHP is obvious. Number of injectors duh. .80 is duty cycle.

Also witht hat formula to run 850BHP at an 80% duty cycle would take 887s I think is what I came up with but if you ramped it up to 85% or so itd come down to 850s.

Post Edited (Jan 17, 6:23pm)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
If you push the numbers to the max:

Duty cycle =100%
BSFC=.6
Qty injectors=6

and you push the fuel pressure to 48psi you'll get 850HP for the 850cc injectors. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's possible.

Specs are a funny science. It always comes down to making your product look as good as it can.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but JT you and I both know how safe that is. But, I do agree looking at it now you "could" do it. But then again you could turn the boost on stock turbos up to 20psi.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Exactly my point... Don't always believe what you read in an advertisement. It may be possible, but it's not safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.