ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say right now is HOLY CRAP. This car performs as good as it did @ only 5 PSI. I have not tuned it at all, and still have a few kinks to manage. The Threashold is about 3300-3500. The higher the RPMs go, the harder it pulls, and is FUGGIN STRONG all the way to 6500. Which by the way, seems as if there is NO sruggle up the ladder. I CANT WAIT to turn up the boost. Jerky and I felt it at about 10 psi, and I couldnt believe it, and it blew the boost pipe off. The wastegate control was not right ( I need to Change vaccum routing) I surly need 500CC Injectors!! I am maxing the 380"s already!! The car handles WAY different with the motor as low as it sits in the chassis. I cant really explain it, I no more as I tune it and learn the car agian. PROJECT VERY SUCCESSFUL. I am Extreamly pleased.

Finished PICS:

check out the cool bracket mounting the Boost controller

These were a bitch to fit.

The pipe fit great! Coupler is from a Geo, I cut the peice where I needed.
it has the Perfect bend!!

Post Edited (Sep 23, 1:36am)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Re: ITS ALIVE!!!

NICE!

·
Registered
257 Posts

OMFG I cant wait to see some video of this car! (hint hint) ;)

·
Registered
662 Posts

Come on everyone...

"We want vids, We want vids..."

·
Registered
782 Posts

Yeh you wont max out the 555cc injectors very easily, im running 25 lbs with 75 psi fuel pressure under boost without running lean but I do not have a wide band yet.Thats the next thing im gonna try to get then mabey some methanol injection just to be a little safer. Do you have a boost referenced regulator if not that will help out alot. You plan on taking it to the track pretty soon? I would like to see some kind of numbers, kinda curious. Good job on the car though, hope you have as much fun breaking sh!t as I have like those halfshafts and why the **** is my car smoking O I see theres a hole in my number 2 piston. I swear its not the tuner my car just hates me thats what I always say lol. Good luck and im with the other guys lets see a get sideways in second clip.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Awsome? So the vids going to be released today (9-23-05) at 8PM Eastern? Nice! I'll be expecting it!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Z31 powah!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks badass hybrid, Well the fuel system that I have is the one 1sickz had on his car when he dynoed 530rwhp so its possible to make at least that much with the 555cc nismo injectors. Which is plenty im looking for my car to put down anywhere from 420-450rwhp and thats plenty for me. I did 110mph in the 1/4 with 320rwhp so I cant wait to get back to the track.

Oh hybrid I only see one problem with the setup and thats the oil return line from the turbo there is no pressure in that line its all gravity when it drains, so you may have to get a better angle to the oil pan or you may blow the seals out of your turbo. Under high rpms I think it will load the turbo up with oil, you will know when you take off the air filter though if its not draining right cause it will spit oil out the compressor.

Post Edited (Sep 23, 11:35am)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh hybrid I only see one problem with the setup and thats the oil return line from the turbo there is no pressure in that line its all gravity when it drains, so you may have to get a better angle to the oil pan or you may blow the seals out of your turbo. Under high rpms I think it will load the turbo up with oil, you will know when you take off the air filter though if its not draining right cause it will spit oil out the compressor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure I follow you. That is a AN 10 return line, which is plenty big for Oil return. Oil return is allways gravity , and the oil outlet is higher than the inlet on the pan. All basic principles followed.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Author: clownsrus
Date: Sep 23, 1:54am

500cc will be far too small if you intend to make big power

save your money and just buy ones with enough flow once.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think 500 cc injectors will be OK. 500 rwhp is pretty big power to me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.