ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Success! The Z is running. After I let it warm up, put the driver's side timing cover back on, and take it down off the jack stands.. I'm going for a drive.

Post Edited (Jan 14, 3:08pm)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!

Alright you you asked for it... but my engine bay project is definitely not finished.

She's dusty from sitting in the garage uncovered for over 2 months now.

MegaZ Battery Hold-Down...

No, I didn't drive without the cowl fastened down... I drove without it because I forgot to put it on before I left :)

Post Edited (Jan 14, 3:25pm)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Re: IT'S ALIVE!!! >

yes very nice! be sure to post pics when its all shined up. I'm cleanin my engine bay up too. ALthough its not as nice as yours. Love the TT rear wheels, gives it a mean look (i think i've said that a million times). Oh and a recomendation, you need a MegaZ BMC brace :)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts

It looks very clean my friend, do you have any problems with that plastic fitting on the radiator? I have a huge bolt there, and would like to get a plastic one..

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks guys.

slobo7x...

If you're talking about the plug on the top passenger side of the radiator, that's not the original. The original one failed on me on the way to Tennessee. It's from an autozone and was listed as an item for a Subaru. It was a couple bucks.

nissan300zxz32...

Thanks again about the wheels. Hopefully this summer they'll go on the front and I'll have another pair to go on the rear with even wider tires.

Also, I have the MegaZ BMC Brace. I got it from Mega at the show we were all at in Tennessee.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Those are 245/50/16. The 45's didn't look right at all. I am going to go with something wider on the rears when I get another pair of 8.5 wheels. I haven't thought much more about it than that yet.

Post Edited (Jan 14, 7:54pm)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah. What are good reference points to send you additional measurements for the WingZ? Also, I'm still going to sand the pipes and send them to you. I just needed to use them to do a little driving yesterday and today.

I'm having trouble finding anything above 220 grit sandpaper pads to fit the sander I bought. It can uses the "clothes iron" shaped pads. They are the same size as the B&D Mouse sander which is a bit more popular model. Any ideas where to look in store or online?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.