ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back on Friday, with the 3.0L Rebello (80mm stroke x 89mm bore)installed. Not to brag, but this car is **** fast now. I dust traffic, just driving normally, shifting @3000rpm. It revs with ease, and is just plain awesome. The cam kicks in @4500rpm (reminds me of vtec, except my cam puts you in your seat). Only bad thing, is that I still have to baby it for another 450miles to properly break it in. :-(

If any of you want an engine built for you, I HIGHLY recommend Rebello. He not only did a great job with my engine, he's extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Great guy, great shop. Doesn't get much better than that.
www.rebello.qpg.com

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Yahoo!!!!</b>

Hi Dave,

Sounds great!!!! What type of setup did you go with? Injection, Carbs, Turbo? Did you go with the 6 - 1 header or 3-2 header....

My friends engine will be picked on the 14th and mine goes in on the 17th of May to Rebello's.

Good luck at keeping the foot light for another 450 miles.... its going to be hard to do.

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Yipee!!!!

That's excellent Dave, I'm very excited for you.

Breaking in a new engine is like having a new girlfriend ya know. The first couple of dates you need to be a gentleman, all careful and nice and so on, but once you get to know her, you can drive her hard! (Am I allowed to SAY that?!) :)

Steve G

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dennis....

I used triple 45mm Webers, and the Nismo 1 5/8 Header along with 2.5" exhaust. Sounds mean, and drives even meaner.

Where do you live? I live in the South SF Bay (Santa Clara). I noticed you and Yuichi went to the Pick-n-Pull this weekend. Any good finds? I'm looking for a ZX 5spd in rebuildable condition to help harness all this new power.

So, what is Rebello building for you and your friend? Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll be more than pleased. I couldn't be happier with the quality and expertise he's known for.

Dave

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
240 dave

dave when i went to pick n pull i found 2 5 speeds from a 81 ZX and a 83 ZX both were non turbo and 2+2 yuck... i don't know if your looking for that but the next half price is july 4th? right dennis? well if your not looking there i think dennis can give you the number for the guy he bought his stuff from
zya
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Dave / Yuichi</b>

Yea, we're both in the south bay too... I think Yuichi is closer to ya then I am. But in any case, we all live close together. As for whats going on, friend has a 3.0L coming out on the 14th... On the 17th I have one of those secret projects going on... Can't talk about it here ya know... Rebello hates loose lips... I also have a Wine Cellar connection... I don't mind sharing... just don't buy all the goodies...

Send me an e-mail

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.