Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what happened. For all to know what was damaged:
To end the rumors: It was an LD-28 crankshaft. I cleaned and oiled it, wrapped it in plastic and covered it completely in duct tape. It weighs 53 pounds, so I thought it would be fine wrapped in cardboard, apparently it was either damaged in shipment or damaged when I pulled it. Regardless, I pulled and sold the part for something to do, not to make money, so I will make it right.
I am an airline pilot and travel for several days at a time. Apparently, AOL only lets me get 100 emails. Since I am on the 240Z list, I easily exceed this when on a 3 or 4 day trip. I haven't received any of Norms emails, except one saying he expected a check in the mail and one referring me to the thread. Once he tells me what was wrong, the check will be in the mail.

Mike Golding

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: yeah, can we kill this thread now??

See, big to do about nothing. I can say that pretty easy since it's not my money. I guess the 20 bucks was to polish any nicks in the crank journals. Crank should have gone to a machine shop to get checked out anyway. Doesn't sound like a bad business deal now that we have heard both sides of the story. Hopefully both guys can go away happy and we can get back to Z stuff. too much people bashing lately (though some of it is deserved). You know there is a general section of this forum for stuff like this. However from looking at the dates there it doesn't get much traffic, other than Steve testing out his html :). That's the bad thing about the forum getting bigger, you get a lot of off topic stuff to wade through. Still a million times better than Autoforums, may it rest in peace.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
625 Posts
No problem Mike

That is why I used discretion regarding this matter. I was afraid something might have gone wrong with the e mail system. I sent three e mails, but he only recieved one. The crank was warped in shipping and had to be straightened by the machine shop.I now have a good spare diesel crankshaft ready in case my junkyard dog crankshaft decides to go the way of the other two 280 cranks. No hard feelings Mike Later,norm

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: There ya go

Actually, I do have another, but I dont think I want to sell it right now. I plan on using it eventually.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>Another Happy Ending....</b>

Thanks to both of you for doing the right stuff. Guess I'm just a sucker for Happy Endings....

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.