ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight I was able to finish everything up on my TT swap and able to stick the battery back in and give it a try and see if it would run. Well I gave it a shot and nothing. After a couple minutes though it finally hit me, I forgot I haven't put the ECU back in yet.......duh....hehe

At least that way it was able to prime it and pump some oil through before starting up. Once I got the ECU in, it took two cranks and it fired right up. At first there was a lot of smoke but after about 2-5 min it cleared right up and ran perfectly smooth. I let it run for about a half hour to let it clear anything up and work the fluids into the system. The big suprise of all the electrical completely working and not a single air leak or any vacuum leaks. Pretty **** good for no service manual.

As for the disapointments.......they aren't to bad it is just more of their location.

The first problem is my flex plate. It appears as if a certain section of the flex plates teeth are worn down. On start up it will sometimes just do a straight grind noise just as if someone were to hold the ignition while the car is on. It is like the plate misses the starter gear. Most the time though it starts right up no problems. What sucks is to replace is tearing back out the tranny.

The second problem is the fuel pump. It is quite a loud hum noise that it makes. I don't know if it is because of being NA to TT or the pump is just straight up about to fail. I am running the TT ECU, NA body harness, TT fuel pump, NA pump control module.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
negative, I realized that I am using the TT JDM's little harness that connects between the main harness and a few of the tranny parts instead of mine which had the oil pressure sender plug. So right now I don't even have the plug. I plan to just take the one from mine and cut it and splice it into the wires that it would of gone into.

Just as a precaution though, I can do this right? Leave the oil pressure sender on the JDM where it is and use that by splicing in the plug unit to where it would of gone into on the harness?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.