ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, those who helped me with my detonation problem I have a little tidbit of information. today i was driving it, and I usually dont rev it past 3k until it hits 180degrees. Well I was curious and I floored it when the temp was just aroudn 120. Well i don't know why but the boost went up to 9 psi and it ran so strong, with NO DETONATION all the way through third. What does this mean? Someone mentioned the EGR valve, which i removed but would it have that adverse affect on it. Once the car warmed up to 180 and i drove it a bit, it would detonate at 6-7 psi in second and third gear. whatsup? thanks guys

Scott

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Stupid question, but what exactly does detonation sound like?? Just want to be on the safe side incase I ever have a problem.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
75 Posts
first stop letting it detonate the end results could be large holes where there shouldn't be. before the car is completely warmed up it is running a richer mixture which cools the combustion camber and stops the detonation. this is the same function (cooling the combustion) the egr vavle does replace it asap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.