ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here is a very serious question. in cali they passed a law that any car pre-dating '74 is now smog exempt. upon hearing this i immediately dumped the extra weight. namely the smog junk. now the thing is, here in the northern bay area of good ol california, import street racers are frowned upon. so the cops like to pull us over and have us pop the hood. aight aight heres the question... if im pulled over and asked to pop the hood and they dont see a smog pump and all that other ugly tubing and stuff, can they still send me to the state referee? and if they can, exactly what smog law do i have to pass if my car is now exempt? at the illegals (weekend night races) over in fremont last weekend they swept through and sent almost everyone there to the state referee, i wasnt there that night but now they got me nervous to even bring my baby Z into public... anyone got any 411 in regards to this?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Here's the deal

actually you may be right, its not really the smog thing they are trying to bust, but the so called car gangs. unfortunately, wed. nights at sears point and the occasional special event are the only times you can really run your car here in the bay area. and not even that if you have a work schedule like i do. =) so friday and saturday nights are the only times really. oh and hey, chris hart... the races arent always in fremont. everyone meets at the in & out in milpitas and around midnight you just kinda follow the import crowd to the chosen track or the domestic crowd if thats your thing. ive only see one z(x) other then my z there at the races so if you desided to show up ill be sure to come up and talk with you =) always happy to see another Z fanatic =P. thanx everyone for your responses

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.