ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Here's the deal

I live in the South Bay, and drive my car readily. In fact, I live across the street from a Police Station. I've been pulled over 3 times in my car with no tickets (knock on wood). Once was for squealing the tires in a turn, but it was rainy outside, and the rear end just broke out a little. I wasn't used to driving the car yet. Once I explained this, the cop said no problem, and then wanted to talk to me about my Z. He asked me how much and what I'd done to it. I think he actually pulled me over just to get some info on my car.

Enough rambling, here's my point. If you go to the 'illegals' in Fremont, you're asking for trouble. The cops know that alot of car 'gangs' are there and alot of these new import jokers steal alot of parts. Contrary to what they may believe, the fuzz know about this all to well. This is why they wait for the races to become popular, then bust a whole bunch of them at once. THEY are causing their own problem. So if you go to these import races then I would suspect they would try and throw the book at you due to the 'guilt by association' factor.

I believe that removing the smog stuff is still illegal, even though you don't have to go for a test anymore. However, if you get pulled over outside of these races, for something other than racing or showing off, they most likely will just write the ticket or give you a warning. Most fuzz won't even know if you've removed some smog equipment because they don't know what's supposed to be there. Just try and keep the engine bay looking somewhat stock. i.e. no braided lines, triples, that sort of stuff. That stuff just screams performance=no smog. But, I've had my triples on for over two years, and no problems. But they have never looked under my hood either, probably because they don't think I'm some punk kid trying to remove all my smog stuff for 3hp.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.