ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....remove frozen and semi-rounded bolts? I've been trying to replace my old cat with a high-flow cat and two of the bolts look like crap, appear to be frozen and are semi-rounded.

Any easier fix then a blowtorch?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
do you not have any power tools? I just took my car up to a muffler shop and they removed my bolts for free.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Red Beauty's idea is a good one!

I recently had to go through a similar experience to replace my clutch. Those 4 **** bolts on the cat converter were not my friends! I took my time thankfully and religously soaked them in WD-40 for a period of 5 days.

When I finally got the toughest one loose (didn't break any - yay!) I had to position myself in such a manner that I was practically doing pull-ups on the **** bolt! I don't have any power tools unfotunately. Maybe it was a good thing - didn't break anything.

You can pick up kits at Sears in the Tool section that are made specifically for rounded off bolts. These kits are great! If you are not going to do it professionally I would recommend hitting the bolts over a period of days with rust inhibitor (WD-40) then eventually using one of these tools to remove the bolts.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.