ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 76 2=2 and am doing a tranny and diff. swap. just wondering if anyone can recommend a source for a light weight flywheel.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You will have to have yours lightened. You don't want a super light one anyway for the street. Just take a few pounds off.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
RE: CENTERFORCE makes them.Aluminum.

The 10# flywheel that Tilton makes (never knew Centerforce made one. Do they?) is not really appropriate for the street unless you are willing to give up some driveability. Car will kill since the flywheel doesn't have the weight to keep it spinning. The more appropriate method is to have yours lightened and balanced to about 16-18# This gives you a quick spinup without the loss of street manners.

·
Registered
361 Posts
RE: no they don't

andy,
centerforce only makes an aluminum flywheel in the smaller 225mm size, not the 240mm 2+2 and turbo size. if you want a lightweight one that size, go to arizona z car, www.arizonazcar.com their price is almost the same. but it is 10lbs and steel vice 13 and a combo of aluminum and steel. better in my opinion. i have the centerforce, and claims of reduced driveablitly are crap. i have heard it many times, and it just doesn't hold wind. mine drives eaiser than lots of other cars. the l6's torque makes it easy to drive, vice a wimpy 4 cylinder w/no torque down low. and it isn't my 3.1, for other cars i have been in, have them, and they are fine. it does make a noticable difference.
-bob hanvey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.