ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 240 and i was going to swap the automatic transmission with the 5 speed of a 280, if i could do it for around 300 bucks for everything would it be worth it, should i use a T5 from a ZX? I know this has probably been covered before but your input would be very appreciated.
thanks
kyle

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm doing it now on my 71'. It depends on who you know and where you can get a deal if you want to only spend that much money. I am putting mostly performance parts in my car and it has already cost me around 700. As far as good news. It is really simple to do. All the parts just bolt right in. Good luck.

·
Registered
685 Posts
It all depends on what you want I have an auto and wouldent change it for a stick , I thought at first I wanted a 5 speed but after driving it for 6 mo. in this area no way , the car handeles so well in the mountains and the auto is great , in traffic also so much better. I have done the 5 speed , no more for me. Thats my openion ,Gary Portland Ore.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I did the manual swap about 4 years ago... love the 5 speed. I just depends what you want out of your car. If you want to get in the car and throw it in drive and forget about it, stay with the auto. If you want to have fun downshifting in turns, ect go with the manual. Besides IMO, sportscars should'nt have a auto tranny... Personally, I love shifting gears in traffic, in citys, ect... No sweat off my back. I find automatic trannys very boring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.