ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my car about two years ago. It has no clear coat. When it gets wet, there are white spots that form after the water drops dry. It is not hard water spots because it doesn't wash off. It doesn't come off with regular paste wax either. I saw one car wax say that it removes paint oxidation. What is paint oxidation and what does it look like? Does it sound like what my car has?

Also, I looked at a few different brands of wax at the store today. I saw Armor-All Detailer's Special liquid wax for about $10. I also saw Eagle One Wax that claimed to leave one of the best wet-look finishes of any wax for about $10. Then I saw Zymbol. It was the same size, but $20. It claimed to be the best. Is it worth the price? Does it work better if I put multiple coats on? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Josh, As sunlight shines on water droplets it burns into the paint around the edges. The droplet acts almost like a magnifying glass. I would use a clay bar. You can get them through Meguires website.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AS far as wax goes, I was told to forget all I was ever told about getting a wax that would give a good bead of water. Like Rob said in his post standing water in brite sunlight when beaded up acts like a magniging glass. You want a wax that makes the water run off the cars finish. I think you mentioned wet look and there are a couple of others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.