ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS THE MATERIAL STRONG? ARE THEY EASY TO PUT IN? HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE? IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH THE VICTORIA BRITISH ONES? IM PLANNING TO REPLACE MINE VERY SOON AND OPINONS WILL BE VERY APPERCATED!THANKS!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Zack has MSA Carpet Kit

Installed the MSA carpet kit about 5 years ago with matching floor mats. The installation was pretty simple but you will need to remove your seats and console and be a little inventive. Be very careful when you are trimming to be sure you don't trim too much off.
5 years later it still looks good.
Phantom

G

·
Re: Zack has MSA Carpet Kit

If you have the gray carpet it may not be the same color. It seems there are two different grays, 79-81 and 82-83. It did not match the original carpet. It does look better than carpet with holes in it, and was easy to install. Also the rear deck carpet does not have cutouts for the strap(easy to cut them in). Ask them if they have have the correct color for your year. I told them my year, but I think they have one gray.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, I just bought ,and am sending back the Victoria British Carpet, the front were cut on the wrong side if you turn them on the wrong side they fit perfect, right side they are backward, sheesh
and I am not impressed with the carpet , for a tenth of the price I am going to buy some black automotive carpet, and use my old carpet for a template, I will buy the floormats from MSA though
just my 2 cents
Curt 71z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't remember if MSA or VB, but not worth it

> Hello, I just bought ,and am sending back
> the Victoria British Carpet, the front were
> cut on the wrong side if you turn them on
> the wrong side they fit perfect, right side
> they are backward, sheesh
> and I am not impressed with the carpet , for
> a tenth of the price I am going to buy some
> black automotive carpet, and use my old
> carpet for a template, I will buy the
> floormats from MSA though
> just my 2 cents
> Curt 71z

I agree with Curt. I think I bought the MSA carpet. While mine was cut correctly, it is already fading in the rear after only one year. And part of that year the car was garaged. For your money, I would recommend buying good, black (or whatever) generic automotive carpet and then cut to fit using your old carpet as a template. I thought having the carpet with the bound edges like the factory carpet would be much better, but after seeing the poor quality of the material and the fading, I don't think its that important. BTW, I'm pulling the carpet out of the back and putting down generic black.

Also, I have the MSA floor mats with 280Z stitched into them. They look great. The only problem is that they are so stiff and thick that I can't use the driver's side mat because is interferes with my gas peddle. I'm going to have to trim the peddle to use the mat.

Alex

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: MSA floormats

> I agree with Curt. I think I bought the MSA
> carpet. While mine was cut correctly, it is
> already fading in the rear after only one
> year. And part of that year the car was
> garaged. For your money, I would recommend
> buying good, black (or whatever) generic
> automotive carpet and then cut to fit using
> your old carpet as a template. I thought
> having the carpet with the bound edges like
> the factory carpet would be much better, but
> after seeing the poor quality of the
> material and the fading, I don't think its
> that important. BTW, I'm pulling the carpet
> out of the back and putting down generic
> black.

Curt - this is just my 2 cents, but a few years back I purchased a set of the MSA floormats. They sent the wrong ones first, and I was gled because they were not worth the price. The second set I got unfortunately were not any better - the fit was way off. Maybe it was just a bad batch. I have bought many things from MSA and usually they are OK.I finally ended up just buying some good quality remnants and had a Z logo stitched into them - nobody notices the difference. (at least not until now!)

> Also, I have the MSA floor mats with 280Z
> stitched into them. They look great. The
> only problem is that they are so stiff and
> thick that I can't use the driver's side mat
> because is interferes with my gas peddle.
> I'm going to have to trim the peddle to use
> the mat.

> Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.