ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 280z and i was wondering if u guys would consider it worth fixing it up the way it is or to do a v8 swap. I would probably be able to do most the bolt on upgrades myself if i decided to fix up what i have. However if i do the v8 swap i would have to bring it into a shop because i dont quite have the tools, skills, or time to do something like that. I know the progress others have with their v8's and they are totaly behind them but in my current possition, would i probably be happier with a hopped pu l28? Bassicaly if i did put my own time and money into hopping up what i have now what kind of results are possible while still keeping it streetable for every day use?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: $$$$$$$$.............

yeah ive heard that building up the l28 can be costly. but how much could getting a shop to do a v8 swap run? i mean if i could get the whole swap done including the work, engine and tranny, for around 5000 bucks then ill be happy with it as long as its competent work. if the work will be shotty id rather put the 5000 into doing my own work into the l28.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.