ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still having a probem getting my 77 to run right. I have done all the following:
Replaced plugs and wires
Checked water temp sensor, in spec
Rewired water temp sensor, thermotime switch and CSV
Did a continuity check on everything I could, all good.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stupid Keystrokes! (continued)

AFM showed continuity, but not sure how else to check it.
replaced ignition coil
Checked air gap and contactor on distributor
adjusted TPV
Checked timing
Replaced all fuel injectors and wiring
cleaned and check TBI
Haven't check fuel regulator, but the car runs fine. Idles well and accelerates, just burn a terrible amount of gas. Air Regulator needs replaced, but I don't think it is a crucial part of this system, even though its been rewired also. I'm averaging 12MPG and getting carbon everywhere.
Please help, I'm running out of hair to pull out!!

Thanks,
Ant

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Fuel pressure...

What is your fuel pressure reading when you installed a direct reading f/p gage? When you checked the continuity and reading of the coolant temp sensor, did you make the reading from the ecu connector or just at the sensor? You should check it from ecu. Not too many things to make it run that rich. Fuel pressure too high (regulator or plugged return line, or possibly leaking vac control line to regulator), or coolant temp sensor reading too high (high resistance in line to ecu somewhere), air temp sensor reading too high (same thing, high resistance), perhaps a faulty air flow meter or connection there (do all tests in fsm). Dirty connections at the ecu. I suppose it could be the control unit but I wouldn't go there until absolutely everything tests out per the fsm. Throttle position switch adjustment is also critical. Sometimes they have been adjusted so that the contacts are closed all the time, instead of only at idle and full throttle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.