ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found out what was casuing my rattling problem with my car, it was my exhaust...it must have been hitting the frame of the car, and sometimes hitting the drive shaft b/c i can see on the exhaust where it looks like it was "filed" down and i can see on the drive shaft where they were rubbing. I took my cat back off completely and i have to get it welded together, but that wont be for a few days so i was wondering if it was safe to drive with out my catback system on? I went on a small ride with it like that and it seemed fine to me, it was just louder...DUH haha but i was wondering if since the exhaust is coming right out of the cat, if it would heat something behind it up and cause problems...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't think it will cause any heating problems back there...You'll get some back pressure and probably backfire...But other than that I don't think it's equivalent to running your car with no exhaust manifolds on a cold day :eek:P

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ask yourself a simple question. Was the car manufactured to run without the proper exhaust system? I believe the definative word here is valves. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if it isnt good thats fine i got a back up vehicle and just wont drive the z until i get the exhaust problem fixed

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok, cool sounds good :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
there is no problem and whoever thinks your going to freez a valve or something else stupid needs to lighten up just a bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.