ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i can, what head/ turbo combo should i choose? right now i have a l28/e88 in a 73z But i have and extra motor that i want to put a turbo on Could you guys give me any info on this? Anything :) Thank you guys so much your really helpfull.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yes, you can put a turbo head on your motor. it is easier and more well documented to just swap out the entire motor, because of sensors, and a stronger block, but it is certainly possible and has been done before successfully. the turbo head is the P90 or P90A, BTW.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Are you going to turn the engine into a turbo?

I want to turn it into a turbo motor, I found a guy who will sell me a 81 zxt motor with fuel injection/ manifolds/ turbo/ basically everything on the engine for $350 bucks do you guys think i should go for it? and then find a better turbo? what kind of turbo would work the best? so i want to turn my car into a turbo car. Thanks again

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: Are you going to turn the engine into a turbo?

The n/a block and turbo block are virtually the same. Make sure you have dished pistons in your L28 and you can turbo your brains out. My turboed 78 block P90A combo has been running for several thousand HARD miles without a problem. Use the Nissan head gasket for the year of the block,the stock turbo will work. I've run 15 intercooled psi with a hybrid turbo. Scottie-GNZ posted a while back about a friend of his who ran low 12's with a turboed junkyard n/a block for years. Keep detonation away and it will live.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hybrid turbo

When you say hybrid turbo, what do you mean, do you mean not stock? And if i dont have dished pistons How much will i be able to boost? Will it be better or worse with Dished pistons? Thanks. By the way toms78zxt can i have your email address because i think this dream of mine is going to become a reality pretty soon thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.