ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an earlier problem posted below for my 76' 280z 2+2 (fuel leaking at the manifold) and got a local shop to fix it. But the problem now is that after it got done, it blows the fuses for the gauges ( tach, fuel & oil) the battery gauge works but has the l.e.d light is on and it is showing 8-10 volts. It is still in the shop right now, so I'm not sure if this got something to do with what they worked on or just "conveniently showed up" after fixing the main problem. I do not have this problems before I sent it to the shop. I hate to get them to fix it and get charge again. I just paid over $200 (labor only) for that injector problem + valve adjustment.

Running out of funds, I hate to park this car.

Any similar problems out there? I will have them check the fuse box problem as mentioned on past issues. Anybody on what can cause it while working on injectors?

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=506613&t=506473#reply_506613

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
i would check for the wire that runs that grounding itself out. They prolly spliced a wire and it touches the body someplace.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
If none of the above fixes: get & study a 76 wiring diagram. Currrent goes from battery to fusible links then to fuse block or switch then guages. Check for ground on appopriate circuit. A test light connected between the neg batt post & disconnected neg terminal will light when you have a short. A volt meter connected in place of a light was too sensitive. My wiring problems (on a 78) have been corroded contacts or grounded wire (usually at a harness connector near passenger feet). Another way to look for a short is to wonder what's going on & hunt around looking randomly at connectors & loads hoping you find something.

Post Edited (Oct 13, 5:25pm)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.