Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my god is it just me?

ok as you probably know my car got hit last monday...

i go out thid morning, and someone has broken into the car taken some stuff i had in the trunk, suspension (struts, springs). popped the hood and taken my carbs.

that in itself adds 2 grand to the loss...
so now i have a nice little z... frame tweaked, rims ruined, carbs taken,...

basically its my fault i should have taken the stuff out of my trunk.

however i thought i should plead my case here... if you see a set of tripple weber carbs for sale in SoCal on a cannon intake, with matching brown spot on the top, and a unique fuel linkage (see picture) let me know please.

http://www.geocities.com/ebola0001/zmotor.jpg

so im parting out what i can from the car. contact me and ill see what i can do...

the car itself is in SoCal

[email protected]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Something seems fishy

After reading your description of what was taken it seems unlikely that a complete stranger would have done this. I'd bet you know the person who did this. I'm not saying this was a friend, but probably someone who knew the car and it's state.

To go after the triples alone is not a fast job. removing the carbs takes at least 15 minutes in good light. I know cause i've done it twice in the last week. In the dark it would be VERY difficult. In particluar at least loosening the Bolts that mash the intake AND exhaust. It seems unlikely that a common thief would do this. Furthermore, what type of a common thief even knows what triple webers are or what type of inherent value they have.

Stealing the boxes of stuff from your hatch is an easy task removing carbs is not.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
A Complete and Total Bummer!

Ebola -- that is some very sad news indeed. Loosetoe has made a good point about the carbs....

Maybe I should feel lucky because I live in a small midwestern town where you can count the number of Zs on your fingers and toes. But we have thieves here too --

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: A Complete and Total Bummer!

I agree with WillieBoy and Loosetoe, there's no way that a thief could have taken both a set of triple carbs and suspension parts from a trunk in just a few minutes. I'm understanding that the suspension parts were in the trunk area and not installed on the car.

Someone in your neighborhood either saw it happen, or participated in it. Think about it, whoever did it had to stand around the car for several minutes with the hood up, and other parts of the car open, appearing to everyone around that might have seen him as if he was the owner of the car trying to "fix" or salvage.

If you decide to part out your car, please post here as I'm sure you'll get better response for the items you wish to sell than if you go to e-Bay.

Yes, I'm interested in what you might have to sell, but don't want to appear like a vulture.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: A Complete and Total Bummer!

That's really bad. And it's a shame some people kick you when you are down....it's bad enough it was wrecked...but then someone has to go and steal parts off it. I had a situation where I used to live...I had a 280 parts car - and I knew what I had on it....and when I would go down to get the parts - someone had beaten be to them. And it was MY car! It made me so angry! But where I live now - nobody has bothered my z-stuff - and I always have parts cars sitting around.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Follow up (read if in SoCal)

Well yes it sucks... it IS my fault tho if i had thought to take the stuff out of my trunk, they wouldn't have gone into the car. IF they hadn't gone into the car, they wouldn't have opened the hood and taken the stuff..

however whats done is done.

I am looking for a rolling chassis early 240, only requirements no rust buckets, no engine (im transplanting mine into it).

any parts cars you can umm part with :), or that extra z with a frozen engine you just haven't gotten to yet... or anything like that. I really need help here.

However if you need bitz off of a good 240, Drop me a Line...

I know the stuff I want to keep for sure but i really don't want to pull the car apart completely til i have a surrogate body to transplant it into. but if you need that had to find emblem...or something like that give me a call.

also does anyone know where i can have my rims repaired?

thank you for your support ;) - Z for president

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Rims $$$$

I can't remember the name of the company (there are a couple), but the manager or an old hand at virtually any tire/wheel specialty retailer in your area will probably know the companies and their phone numbers.

The two I had made inquires to in the past don't deal directly with the public -- only with tire/rim dealers.

They can make virtually ANY wheel look like new. But be warned: It's gonna run you major $$$. Likely $200 UP -- way more for high end rims.

Good luck

·
Registered
517 Posts
Don't let them do it again

On your next z, get an alarm pager -one without the siren. Then call the cops if anyone messes with your car. Don't install the interior disarm switch either (thieves can find it). I'd still have my 280zx if I had done these things. It's a lot of trouble, but then again, finding a good z is a lot of trouble too.
Nathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.