ZCar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1977 280z 2+2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 1977 280z 2+2 next weekend (couldn't pass up the price, free) as a father-son project/ son's first car next weekend. From the description and photos that were provided by a co-worker (the person providing the car), the car is solid. No dents and the engine will turn over when trying to start it with the ignition.
The car has sat for about five years in a farm field. Parked originally because the owner is not mechanically inclined and did not have the cash to replace the exhaust (multiple leaks).
I plan on rebuilding the engine and transmission with my son. New suspension, interior upgrades, and fresh paint if correction and detail aren't enough.
I'll be taking out the factory fuel injection to swap over to individual throttle bodies (GSXR), installing a minor cam, and whatever else I can do to give the 40+ year-old engine a bit more pep (but keep it as reliable as an old car can be while utilizing as many off the shelf parts that are available).
I'll post as soon as the boy and I pick up the car and start the tear-down process.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Congrats on the buy. Make sure it isn't rusted out.... rust hides where most don't think to look.
Parts are still available somewhat, but might be difficult to get certain stuff such as the interior rubber seals for the 2+2, as the coupe is the more popular model. theZstore is your friend.

how about some pictures

Bon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts