ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the interior color of my 82 280ZX. I would like leads on Black, sliver and grey interior parts. Has anyone used that interior paint before? Does it look good?

Thank You

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> I am changing the interior color of my 82
> 280ZX. I would like leads on Black, sliver
> and grey interior parts. Has anyone used
> that interior paint before? Does it look
> good?

> Thank You

i'd stay away from any type of silver paint. it looks good for about a week but then starts to turn into a dirty grey and looks really nasty.
the black will look good and stay that way for a long time. the grey i feel will start to turn out like the silver after a fairly short period of time i think.
so all i can say from experience is stay away from the silver.

Yam

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I painted the interior of my '81 BMW 635Csi Grey from Tan. This worked fine using the upholstery paint in all non-flexible areas. I.E. Do not try and change the color of the seats... It will suck for you. They will crack and the old color will show through. Also if you paint the door panels, plan on touching them up about every 6 months. Your best bet, and would look the best is to re-manufacture door panels and get seats out of a Talon, as for the rest of the plastic and dash, Spray it black. That should do it for ya. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.