Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay this is going to sound really stupid:

does the intercooler just plumb the air through it like a radiator does water?...

sorry i assume so, but i have never worked on a car with an intercooler, my lebaron turbo doesn't have one and i havent picked up a ZXT yet...thanks for the info

jon

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Yep you got it. An intercooler is just an air radiator.

·
Registered
79 Posts
other theory

ok with them being just an air radiator couldn't you use some form of condensor to super cool the air, meaning exchanging heat with the condensor air instead of external air?

(i know condensors heat air, but i mean once that is radiated then expanded to supercool it, think refrigerator)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: other theory

ebola, what you say is correct. meaning that if you route your a/c into your intercooler you could cool the intercooler charge even more... the only problem is how efficient it is... if your a/c is taking 4% of your engine power and the increase in power from the extra cooling is 3% then you're losing power... untill refrigeration is more efficient it's not a good method.
madcowz

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

one thing that you can do to super cool with an intercooler is affix a sprayer bar in front of the intercooler and hook nitrous to it. you still use the silenoid and throttle switch. nitrous gas spraying on it while you're stomping will chill it big time!!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts

Except insead of spraying it outside the IC, spray it inside, cooling the air directly and increasing power too. :p

Don't waste that stuff!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
About Those Intercoolers

Well was looking through my new motorsport catalog. Those suckers are like a grand!! i mean thats major $$ to me.

Where can i find one that will fit and that is cheep and easy to install?

E-mail me

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.