ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put an intercooler in my 84 ae and it hits hard. The problem that i am having is sometimes when i am comming to a stop the car stalls. also it bucks when i am just crusing. Is this from the extra distance that the air needs to travel to the intake or do i have to adjust the tps. I know that I need a recirculation valve. I cant figure this one out myself please help, thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sounds like you have a boost leak or a leak between the air meter and the turbo. Check all your connections.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
The stalling and bucking when i'm cruising is exactly what happened to me when my Fuel Temp Sensor started failing. seems like i've posted this about ten times already. here is a way to test:

at a dead stop your car should idle fine. Drive your car up to 50 or 60 miles an hour and put your car in neutral and just let the engine idle as you slow down. if your idle jumps up and down irratically and/or stalls then its probably your FTS. It is connected to your fuel pressure regulator, the little electric contact. make sure the contact is fully in tact and clean the connections off really well to see if that has any affect on the problems. I temporarily fixed my problem by cutting the connector off and soldering the wire directly to that contact, but eventually the problems came back cause the contact broke off completely so it had to be replaced.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fuel Temperature Sensor

Inspection Start...

A: Check Input Signal (Volt Meter)

1) Start Engine
2) Make Sure that Voltage Between ECU and Terminal (15) and Ground, it changes during Wrm Up Period>

COLD----- Hot Approximately 5-- 0 Volt

B: Check Fuel Temperature Resistance ( OHM Meter)

1) Stop Engine
2) Disconnect Fuel Temperature Sensor Harness Connector
3) Check Resistance between TERMINAL and GROUND .

68 Degrees 2.3---2.7 k OHMS
112 Degrees 0.77--.87 k Ohms
176 Degrees .30---.33 k Ohms

If No Continuity Replace Fuel Temperature Sensor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.